Pages

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentines Date

I dearly love my children, but sometimes it sure is nice to get away from them for awhile....even if it's just for a few hours.





This year for our Valentines date we went to the Cheesecake Factory at Caesars Forum. Caesars Forum is a unique shopping area in Vegas, complete with statues, fountains, and ceilings painted to look like the sky. If you are planning a trip to Las Vegas and are planning to do some shopping, check it out!



The Cheescake Factory is one of my all-time favorite restaurants. Both the food and the atmosphere are fabulous. I love how menu is one of the longest I've seen, but ironically Jared and I always seem to get the same thing.

This is Jared's Factory Burrito Grande. You probably can't tell from the picture, but it is HUGE! And Jared finished it off. I will never understand how he manages to stay so thin!

This is my Chinese Chicken Salad. There was enough to stuff myself, and still have a full take home box to eat the next day. Delicious!


Jared and I both ordered the Snickers Bar Cheesecake for dessert. YUMMY! If you like cheesecake and haven't tried the Cheesecake Factory, I highly recommend that you do so. They have every kind of cheesecake possible.

After we left The Cheesecake Factory, Jared held the camera at arm's length and snapped a couple of pictures of us and then....





practically ran over to the Apple computer store. Doesn't he look happy??!!!


After I had FINALLY managed to drag him away from the Apple Store, we decided to get some pictures of us by a fountain. Unfortunately, neither of us were brave enough to ask a complete stranger to take our picture, so Jared just took this one of just me. Sorry about the red eyes. I don't have a clue how to get rid of them. Perhaps one of my oh so wonderful friends will show me what to do...



Luckily, a kind stranger offered to take our picture, so we were able to get our couple picture.

So there you have it, everything you wanted to know about our date and more. Hope you all had a fabulous Valentines Day too!

3 comments:

  1. I have never actually been to the Cheesecake Factory, but you both keep telling me that I should go there sometime. It sounds like you had a really good time together on Valentine's Day. By the way, I can help you with fixing the red eyes whenever you would like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you guys had so much fun! I had to laugh about you guys not asking someone to take your picture. One time, John and I stood for a half hour in front of the Alamo in San Antonio, trying to work up the courage to ask someone to take our picture! Good times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Cheesecake Facotry too. Sometime try their fish tacos......they are fab! I'm glad you got to have a nice valentine's date. Sometimes you just need some time alone.

    ReplyDelete