Pages

Monday, September 7, 2009

Overton Update

Makenna started middle school this year. Yikes! Where has the time gone? I am seriously wishing that 6th grade was part of the elementary school, but I guess I have to let her grow up someday. Luckily for me, she still thinks boys are gross. Now if she can just maintain those feelings for another 10 or 15 years....

Makenna has adjusted well to middle school and seems to enjoy it despite the occasional challenge of getting her locker to finally open and making it to class in the measly 3 minutes provided by the school. She is playing the flute in band this year, taking dance lessons, and wants to join the school art club.


Matthew is in Mrs. Hall's fourth grade class this year. He seems to be enjoying it. After school he likes to play outside, make complicated paper airplanes, read nonfiction books, and play the wii. He is very creative and has an amazing imagination. He spent over a month this summer traveling with my parents and had a wonderful time. The highlight of his trip was seeing the turtles in Central Park when visiting his Uncle Michael and Aunt Catherine in New York City.

Jonathon is having a great time in Mrs. Bailey's second grade class. He especially loves math. Like Matthew, he enjoys playing the wii and running around outside. This summer we moved him into his own room. Unfortunately, soon afterwards Makenna helped him take a facebook quiz entitled, "What scary creature haunts your bedroom?" The answer: a scary doll. Now he is afraid to go in his room alone, even in the middle of the day. Thanks a lot Makenna! At night he squeezes into bed with Kevin who doesn't seem to mind. They look so cute together!


Kevin turned four in July. He is such a sweet, loveable guy. I love having him at home with me during the day. He smothers me with hugs and kissed and frequently tells me how much he loves me. I may need to go back to school soon, so I am really savoring the time we have together. His latest toy obsession are three little toy "Jedites."

I love these guys (and girl) so much! Sometimes I wish I could trap them at their current ages forever. They are such sweethearts. They mean everything to me!


3 comments:

  1. Your kids are so cute! I am glad you posted each one of them seperately so I can see each of them. I am like you, and wish I could trap them in their ages. They grow up to fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute to see them all doing so well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kevin is so cute! So are Makenna, Matthew, and Jonathon! Nice pictures!

    ReplyDelete